How Do I Apply?
Applicants are required to submit the following:
1. An Initiative Application, Legal Release Agreement and Nondisclosure Agreement can be found here. Applicants must complete each of the documents in their entirety. Incomplete forms will result in disqualification.
2. A resume outlining chronological education, training, employment history (may include entertainment and non-entertainment positions), professional experience and music-related honors/awards. Positions must have been held within the past 15 years. Your résumé will provide us an understanding of your work history and insight to your individual life experience. Two (2) pages or less. For more information, please review the "Resume" section of the FAQs.
3. A link (via OneDrive, SoundCloud, or WireDrive) to original music (demos, mock-ups or proposals) composed by the applicant that demonstrates their style and capabilities. Material can be audio-only OR clips with picture, but total running time should be no less than two (2) minutes or more than 15 minute maximum for all material. For more information, please review the "Material" section of the FAQs.
4. A personal essay is required to capture the applicant's unique personal story in a way that articulates his or her motivation, inspiration, goals and aspirations as a composer for visual media, as well as his or her perspective on multi-culturalism and inclusion. What influences have shaped your perspective on diversity and inclusion? How does that perspective relate to your music? What makes you unique and sets you apart from other composers? Stories may be based upon impactful life experiences such as a specific event, or a period of time and/or aspirations. Must not exceed 750 words.
5. Letters of Recommendation from entertainment industry professionals who are familiar with the applicant's material and can comment on the applicant's ability are strongly encouraged, but not required. Acceptable letters must be on business or personal letterhead, dated in the current calendar year and include the author's title and/or industry affiliation. No more than two (2) letters per application will be accepted. Letters must accompany the submission and may not be submitted separately. For more information, please review the "Letters of Recommendation" section of the FAQs.